Monday 15 December 2008

It's been a few days since I have posted.

My OT went in without incident, and I enjoyed my day off on Fri even though I was up at the same time as normal as I had to be in Edinburgh for 1030.

My christmas thing in Edinburgh was interesting and fun, and we finally got in about 1800 on Fri night, after a Take-Away and some TV it was off to bed as I was up for work on Sat. We'd watched the Thomas Bettie Documentary, originally aired on Thurs on c4.

It was exceptionally interesting. Thomas is a brave man: for carrying a child; for challanging peoples perception of gender and gender roles and for doing so in public, exposing himself and his family to torrents of abuse. I wish Thomas, his wife and children (Thomas was pregnent again at the time the c4 team left him) all the best for the future.

Apart from that, I've been working away. Thankfully work has calmed down this week as it gets closer to Christmas and people realise they prob won't have time to order and get things delivered before the big day! As a result, OT in my department has be drastically scaled back, which is causing a rucus with everyone but me. I'm duel trained, and the other department is crying out for extra staff, so I'm getting my OT through there. . . . lucky me

No comments: